Pigment and Melasma
Melasma can be difficult to treat! Using a LaseMD laser along with Skin Better Science even tone your skin will look amazing!
A non-invasive fractional thulium laser delivering a wavelength of light energy as a fractionated array of microbeams to be absorbed by and damage the target molecule, a chromophore.
Pigment and Melasma
Pigment can be frustrating.
At Healthology Med Spa we offer a non invasive no downtown solution.
Lutronic LaseMD ULTRA is a low-downtime laser that resurfaces the skin, giving it brighter tone and improved texture. Treatments can be customized for your particular needs and schedule. ULTRA can be used anywhere on the body for treatment of fine lines and wrinkles, age spots, freckles, sun spots, non-cancerous pigmented lesions, and sun damage.
Lutronic ULTRA is the next generation thulium laser (improved over LaseMD). It has 20 watts of power (as opposed to LaseMD which as 5 watts of power). Therefore, treatments with ULTRA are faster and can be titrated to a more powerful strength, giving improved results.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF LUTRONIC ULTRA?
* Improved tone and texture
* Reduce pigment for brighter appearance of skin
* Can be used on skin anywhere on the face/body
* Low downtime
* Safe for all skin types
* Safe for use all year round
HOW DOES ULTRA WORK?
* ULTRA is a 1927 nm wavelength laser which resurfaces the skin in the epidermis and dermis.
* ULTRA targets water instead of pigment, resulting in a more even treatment. It is less likely to cause unintentional burns than IPL which targets pigment. Thus it is safe for all skin types.
* ULTRA causes non-ablative, microscopic injuries which stimulates new collagen production, and has a fast recovery period.
WHAT IS THE ULTRA TREATMENT LIKE?
* Your provider at Rejuve Medspa may apply numbing cream prior to treatment depending on the settings and goals for your treatment. For the “Glo and Go” treatment, no numbing medication is required.
* Patients describe the Ultra treatment as a warm, tingling sensation which may vary. The treatment time may range from 10-20 minutes or longer depending on how much area is being treated.
* Immediately following the treatment, you will notice some redness which will lessen over the next day or so.
* The following 5-6 days, your skin will have a dry, sandpaper-like texture. This is normal and will resolve as your skin exfoliates, revealing fresher, clearer skin.
WHAT SHOULD I DO TO PREPARE FOR TREATMENT WITH ULTRA?
* Clean skin: avoid wearing make-up when coming in for your appointment.
* Avoid retinols or tretinoin (Retin A) for 1 week.
* Tell your provider if you have a history of Herpes Simplex or Shingles as this might require that you take medication to prevent an outbreak.
POST-CARE: WHAT DO I NEED TO DO AFTER TREATMENT WITH ULTRA?
* Use mild soap for 1 week.
* Avoid glycolic acid, exfoliants, soap containing salicylic acid or alcohol for 1 week.
* Avoid sun exposure and wear mineral-based sunscreen.
* Avoid wearing makeup for 24 hours.