Jen Pfleghaar, DO, ABOIM
Dr. Pfleghaar (Dr. Jen) attended medical school at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. She then went on to residency at St Vincent’s Mercy Medical Center for Emergency Medicine. Dr. Jen spent one year flying with Life Flight as a flight physician. She now works at local emergency rooms in the community and her office in Perrysburg, OH practicing Integrative Medicine. She is a graduate from the The University of Arizona: Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine's two year fellowship program (1,000 hour program). Dr. Jen has been featured on the local Podcast Thrive Tribe 419, a guest on Rebecca Regnier’s Full Plate (WTVG 13 ABC), has lectured at the Way Public Library, and for the AOA (American Osteopathic Association). Her own health history of Hashimoto’s and having children sparked her interest in Integrative Medicine. She is very passionate about helping patients with chronic disease and letting our body heal itself. She is a published author of the book- Eat. Sleep. Move. Breathe: A Beginner's Guide to a Healthy Lifestyle. Her hobbies include spending time with her husband and four children, running, paddle boarding on the Maumee river and reading all things.
Dr. Jen is very passionate about health. She completed a fellowship in Integrative Medicine. Healthcare is often symptom-focused and reactive, rather than prevention-focused and proactive. Patients and physicians rarely discuss nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle change, and instead focus mainly on diagnosis and treatment of disease. Many clinicians feel unprepared to discuss the safe and effective use of dietary supplements or herbal medicines, or how to help patients incorporate relaxation or mind-body practices into their lives. She believes it is important to take the time with each patient and develop a strong relationship. Her own health history of Hashimoto’s (which is now in remission) and having children sparked her interest in Integrative Medicine. She is very passionate about helping patients with chronic disease and letting our body heal itself. For example, Dr. Jen shares her experiences and expertise as the host of the Heal Your Thyroid and Reverse Hashimoto’s Summit. Some of her areas of focus include thyroid disease, hormonal imbalance, nutrition, ADHD, anxiety, stress reduction, eczema, and fibromyalgia. Dr. Jen is excited to work together as a team to find out the root cause of your symptoms.
What is Integrative Medicine? Integrative Medicine (IM) is healing-oriented medicine that takes account of the whole person, including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship between practitioner and patient, is informed by evidence, and makes use of all appropriate therapies.
Dr. Jen can order lab work, diagnose and treat all ailments. She is a board certified Integrative Physician.
The Defining Principles of Integrative Medicine
1. Patient and practitioner are partners in the healing process.
2. All factors that influence health, wellness, and disease are taken into consideration, including mind, spirit, and community, as well as the body.
3. Appropriate use of both conventional and alternative methods facilitates the body's innate healing response.
4. Effective interventions that are natural and less invasive should be used whenever possible.
5. Integrative medicine neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically.
6. Good medicine is based in good science. It is inquiry-driven and open to new paradigms.
7. Alongside the concept of treatment, the broader concepts of health promotion and the prevention of illness are paramount.
8. Practitioners of integrative medicine should exemplify its principles and commit themselves to self-exploration and self-development.
PflegMed is a fee for service or cash based practice. HSA cards are accepted.
You can schedule an appointment by calling the office 567 336 6001
Please fill out the new patient form and return it to Dr. Jen before your appointment so she can review it. It is very lengthy but very important for your Integrative Medicine Experience. If you have any labs you wish for Dr. Jen to review please bring those also.
Please visit the Q and A page for commonly asked questions!